Introduction to Community Oriented Policing (Spanish)
Course Provider: Florida Regional Community Policing Institute, Center for Public Safety Innovation – St. Petersburg College
This course can be modified for a 8- or 16-hourdelivery. It is designed to provide participants with an understanding of the history and development of community policing, the fundamental elements of the community policing philosophy and its implications for police operations.
Participants will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the importance of engaging community residents in collaborative partnerships for the purpose of identifying and resolving community problems;
- Become familiar with the nature of police-community partnerships and suggested methods of developing partnerships;
- Develop an understanding of a nationally accepted model for solving community problems;
- Use the problem solving process to address several example community problems to enhance their understanding;
- Recognize the importance and benefits of documenting their problem-solving projects.
- Police-Community Partnerships
- Introduction to Problem Solving Policing
- Problem Solving Practical Exercises
- Action Planning
- Crime Prevention
- Community Policing Resource Development
Law enforcement officers
About Course Provider
The Florida Regional Community Policing Institute (RCPI), Center for Public Safety Innovation at St. Petersburg College provides progressive public safety training on cutting-edge topics throughout the U.S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.